There’s almost not a man or woman in the world which won’t love his or her puppy, and one involving the particular primary ways in which men and women prefer to display their particular love is with the attention they provide with regards to a canine friend. Canines get pleasure from most of the very same creature conveniences as human beings: a roofing which keeps out the bad weather, heat/cold, a soft bedding upon which to fall asleep, playthings with which to experiment with and a good quantity of good water along with nourishing meals. Using the vast hoards associated with makes associated with pet meals which might be on the market today, it’s essential to learn you’ll find items including Beneful, produced by that dependable title associated with Nestle Purina Petcare, that could be trusted to supply pets with the nutrients they require. As outlined by Beneful – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia report, Beneful is among the most favored puppy meals in the nation. Dog owners can select from various dry food items, wet pet food together with particular treats. Among the finest points of note about Beneful is that it is one of the very few products to provide a non-meat centered diet, the particular soy dependent Healthy Harvest brand, that provides a great supply of proteins for all of the shockingly great number of dogs that have allergic reactions to meat items.
Strapped for money? Not sure how you can pay the incoming expenses? If you have considered a payday loan and desire more information, the subsequent write-up will assist. Its content has some important ideas into payday cash loans, anything they can provide and just how they will often support. Carefully consider the information and facts mainly because it applies to your own personal scenarios.
If you are thinking about receiving a payday loan, it is necessary so that you can understand how shortly you are able to spend it back. The interest on payday loans is often as very much as 400 percent, so be sure to realize that well before accepting that loan offer you.
A vital hint for people looking for payday cash loans is just not to lie in your program. In the event you rest, you can be involved in scams later on.
Prior to taking out that payday advance, ensure you have zero other alternatives accessible to you. Online payday loans could cost you a lot in charges, so almost every other alternative can be quite a much better solution to your total finances. Turn to your buddies, family members and also your bank and lending institution to find out if you will find any other potential alternatives you can make.
Pay day lenders make use of numerous methods to evade usury regulations supposed to guard the customer. Fees will soon add up to nullify a low interest rate. As a result, the rate of interest for the payday loan could be huge.
If you are looking for that least expensive payday loan, search for a personal loan that is certainly immediate from the lender instead of an indirect loan from your financial institution who gives a person else’s money. You’ll pay out more cash if you deal with an indirect financial institution simply because they’ll obtain a reduce.
A great approach to minimizing your costs is, buying whatever you can applied. This will not merely apply to cars. This means outfits, electronics, household furniture, and much more. When you are not really acquainted with eBay, then make use of it. It’s an excellent location for acquiring superb discounts. Should you may need a brand new personal computer, research Search engines for “restored pcs.” Numerous computers are available for affordable in a high quality. You’d be very impressed at the amount of money you will preserve, which will help you spend away all those pay day loans.
Anytime you can, try to have a payday advance from your loan company personally rather than online. There are numerous suspect on the web cash advance loan providers who may be stealing your hard earned money or private information. Real stay loan companies are far far more reputable and really should offer a less dangerous deal for you.
Be very careful rolling around any type of payday advance. Typically, individuals consider that they can pay about the pursuing shell out period of time, however loan winds up receiving greater and greater right up until they are still left with very little cash to arrive using their income. These are captured in the pattern in which they cannot pay out it again.
Despite the fact that it is necessary to meet particular standards and fill out a great deal of paperwork for a payday advance, don’t just accept this process just like any other client. Usually do not forget to demand a manager to barter your phrases to get a greater offer. You could possibly notice that these businesses is going to be happy to get rid of some to gain more.
Don’t acquire a lot more than you can afford to pay back. You could be provided entry to greater quantities, but you should fall them.
Comprehend the regulation. Imagine you are taking out a payday loan to be paid back with through your up coming shell out period of time. If you do not spend the money for loan back on time, the financial institution may use that this verify you used as security regardless of whether you will have the funds in your bank account or otherwise. Beyond the bounced examine charges, you will find claims in which the financial institution can assert three times the level of your authentic check out.
Making use of the information out of this report, you need to have more knowledge about obtaining by means of difficult economic circumstances. Online payday loans can certainly help you out, but you should know the information and be certain that you may match the terms of your contract. Keep in mind these guidelines when you are considering a payday advance, as this will help you enhance your finances in the foreseeable future.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Dallas, TX)– According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2012 more than 10,000 people died in alcohol-related accidents. This means that a person died every 51 minutes because someone decided to drink and then get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
For those who want to have a good time and enjoy a few drinks at a party, corporate event, wedding, or another type of event, a Limo Rental might be a good option. The people will have a designated driver who can take them wherever they need to go without having to worry about arriving at their destination and home again safely. They can enjoy the ride with many friends and continue the party on the way home.
Silver Image Limo recently celebrated their 15th anniversary as a premier Limo Service. The company offers one of the largest fleets of luxury limos and party buses in Dallas and can help those who want to arrive at their destination safe, who want to arrive in style, or those who want a stylish ride for their birthday, wedding or prom.
Aimee Ramsey, the spokesperson for Silver Image Limo, stated, “We’re the first call for anyone who needs a limousine rental in the Dallas and Fort Worth area. We have chauffeurs that are experienced and highly knowledgeable of the area to ensure our customers can arrive at their destination promptly and safely.”
Silver Image Limo offers hourly rates for a Party Bus Rental, limousine rentals, and executive vehicles. The company serves customers who want to have a party safely, who want to show up in style for their wedding or a corporate event, or those who just want a chauffeured night on the town.
Currently, the company is expanding to cover all of the Dallas and Fort Worth metroplex and to have an extended availability of party buses and coach buses. Party buses can fit up to 30 people in the larger size and up to 20 people in the smaller size. The party buses are perfect for tailgating, corporate events and more. The coach buses can also be used for attending games or corporate events and fit between 42 to 56 people. If the group wants to have a few drinks to celebrate a game, there are no worries about everyone making it home safely.
Ramsey stated, “We are excited about the expansion and want to give everyone the chance to check out our extended services. We’re offering a special promo code for a limited time only to let customers get a seventh hour for free with the purchase of six hours.” To obtain the seventh hour free, customers can use the promo code Seven4U.
About Silver Image Limo:
Silver Image Limo is a locally owned and operated limousine company that serves the Dallas-Fort Worth area and recently celebrated their tenth year of successfully helping all of their customers arrive at their destinations safely. The company offers services for weddings, birthdays, corporate events, local games, airport transportation and more. All of their services are flexible so the customers can obtain exactly what they need. The chauffeurs are fully trained and highly knowledgeable of the entire area to ensure customers can arrive at their destination on time and safely.
111 W. Mockingbird Ln #13-1
Dallas, TX 75247
Everyone’s parents age. For some of our elders, it’s a fairly straightforward process. For others it’s a pretty bumpy ride. All of them will need support no matter what the journey looks like. Whether you’re going to help on that journey is up to you. There are often reasons why you can’t; you just need to be honest with yourself as you make that decision. Saying yes is only part of the decision-making process.
Discerning your motivation for helping, before you embark on this journey will help you know how much care you’re willing to give. In some ways, the care required will be the same; it’s simply your motivation that is different. There are probably a rash of different reasons, but there are two principal reasons. You may find yourself somewhere in between these camps because of course few situations are completely black and white. They are, after all, people.
- Your parents were wonderful people and wonderful parents. This is the joyous reason. It makes it all so much easier when the going gets overwhelming to be able to remember why you’re doing this work. It makes the time you spend together more precious and more fun. The connections are already formed and you’re going to be more affectionate and relaxed when your formerly always rational parent becomes more demanding and less able. At the end of their lives, you will feel good about the choices you made.
- Your parents were either not particularly admirable human beings or adequate parents. You make the decision to accompany them on their journey because you feel that this is what will help you feel good about your choices at the end of your life. Keeping your decision firmly in mind will help you to be relaxed when this is challenging. Your expectations will not be overblown. It is interesting, however how things can change. You never know if a person who’s been miserable her entire life will, suddenly, upon getting the medicine she needs, become more personable. Or if your increasingly crotchety father will feel and act differently when he feels safe. Even if that doesn’t happen, if you’ve decided to be there, it’s OK – because you’ve chosen.
Being with your parents as they age is not something you want simply to stumble into. (Although the bad news is you will stumble plenty!) You want to choose the journey. Because quite frankly, it’s arduous, even when it’s wonderful. Their willingness and capabilities keep changing. Sometimes you can figure things out, sometimes you can’t. Sometimes the system provides you wonderful support and other times it fails you completely. It is inappropriate to have to wrench your attention from your parent to concentrate on getting stuff accomplished, but sometimes you just have to do that. Even the best situations are not tailor made for your personal journey.
So, you’re going to want to know why you’ve made the choices you’ve made and then you want to live into your choices. Being involved is great (especially if you remember to take a couple breaks!) You’re probably just the right person to do this work.
An important dimension of Family Law is parental care. In general, this particular term denotes the right and the responsibility of parents towards minor children. Furthermore, it is exercised by both parents. That is to say, both of the parents are responsible for the welfare of their children, and at the same time they have the right to have a contact with them.
In Cyprus, parental care is regulated by the Law No. 216/1990. In case there is a dispute between the parents then either parent may apply to Court so that the conflict to be resolved. Cyprus jurisdiction applies only if one of the parties or both of them is a resident of the Republic of Cyprus for more than three months before the submission of a divorce application at the Family Court.
According to the Articles 6 and 7 of the Law No. 216/1990, each decision made by the parents or by the Court should focus on the best interest of the children. The judgement of the Court should respect the equality between the parents and make no distinction based on gender, language, religion, convictions, nationality, ethnic or social background. Additionally, the Court should take into consideration children’s wish only in case they are mature enough to decide for themselves.
In the case of divorce or separation, all the issues related to parental care are regulated by the Court following the provisions of Article 14 of the Law No. 216/1990. If the parents agree among themselves on matters related to parental care, then the Court does not intervene. In this point, it should be stressed that the parent who does not live with the children maintains his or her right to have a contact and communication with his or her children.
According to the Article 14, the Court assigns parental care to one parent or both of them if they agree. At the same time, the Court defines the place of residence of the children. In addition, the Court may allocate the exercise of parental care between the parents or assign it to a guardian.
The decision of the Court will take into account children’s relations with their parents and siblings, and also the existence of any agreement among the parents. As mentioned before, the primary criterion is always children’s interest.
Communication between children and relatives:
The Article 17 clarifies that parent who does not live with the children maintains his or her right to have a personal contact and communication with them. The Court intervenes only in case of an emerging dispute concerning the right to personal contact and communication between children and parents. The decision of the Court takes into consideration the welfare of the children by applying the provisions of Article 6.
Grandparents and other relatives have the right to have a personal contact and communication with the children. Furthermore, it should be noted that nobody has the right to prevent the personal contact between the children and relatives unless the interest of the children is not safeguarded.
The Court may regulate issues related to the exercise or not of the right to contact and communication between children and other relatives.
Revoke of parental care:
In case that one the parents does not respond to his or her responsibilities, associated with the exercise of parental care, then the Court may revoke from him or her parental care partially or wholly. The Court may assign parental care to the other parent or a guardian, totally or partially.
Furthermore, the Court might order a total or partial revoke of parental care from both parents and assign it to a guardian only in the case that other measures had not been efficient or to protect the physical and mental health of the children. The Court regulates the exercise of parental care granted to a guardian.
Change of circumstances:
The Article 20 stresses that the Court may transform or recall an order administering parental care. For this reason, one of the parents or the Director of the Social Welfare Services must submit an application to the Court. In addition to this, it should be proven that the circumstances have been altered since the date of issuing of the order regulating parental care.
Decisions issued by a foreign court:
A Court judgment made by a foreign jurisdiction is valid in Cyprus only if the Republic of Cyprus has conducted or is associated with an agreement for mutual recognition and enforcement of legal decisions with the country issuing the decision (Law No. 121(I)/2000). In case the country issuing the decision is an EU member-state, then the enforcement will be regulated based on the EU Regulation 4/2009 and the EU Regulation 2201/2003.
Related Article: Dissolving a Marriage in Cyprus
How can little curious brains ignore the inclination of people over stylish clothing trends? Like adults, kids are equally interested in shopping for fashionable clothes that are prevalent and famous. Even many parents are also keen on appareling their children according to latest kids’ fashion. On the contrary, there are also mothers and fathers who don’t believe in fashion for their kids. But parents should understand that trend for a kid is all about displaying their taste. Furthermore, hectic lifestyle is also a major obstacle preventing parents to think about children’s fashion.
However, there are several clothing brands offering trendy yet sensible clothes for kids that appeal to parents as well as kids. Also, the parents do not have to take out extra time as they can shop for remarkable dresses within the comfort of their own home by exploring various online kids clothing stores.
But before any parent gives the child liberty of shopping clothes for own selves, it is important that mother or father should teach their little ones about fashion and its basics. Though children are stubborn, having proper conversation with them can bring the solution and help the min properly choosing their clothing. Letting them relish the liberty is advantageous for their own development, but how? Read the below to find out.
• Selecting From Options
It is true that kids, nowadays, have sense about stylizing their own selves. Witnessing the passion of children towards clothing motivate parents to invest in their wardrobe. Spending money on kids clothing is not just to make them look wonderful, but the child relishes as they are exposed to several options that are quiet trendy and fashionable. When provided the necessary freedom, a child under proper guidance can make a wise choice. The capability of taking a stand will be instilled from the very beginning.
However, with so many options in front of them, a child might insist on buying more than the planned pair of clothes as he is unaware about the budget. Hence, the parents must be strict and must not fall weak if a child cries.
• Enhance Confidence
Donning various dresses and clothes will not just make them appear trendy, but this will also boost their confidence. Since the child is highly inclined over a particular dress, which will not only make him feel wonderful, but contentment and satisfaction will also be sensed by him. Trendy clothes for your baby boy or girl will enhance the confidence and will also generate positivity.
• Showcasing Individuality
Every person in this world possesses his or her own individuality. Beginning from childhood, everyone has own tastes, habits, fashion style etc. Likewise, kids should be offered freedom while choosing their own clothes. At early stages, a kid remains glued to certain kinds of dresses. But when the child grows older, he demands colors, patterns, different styles based on his or her interests. Moreover, the exposure makes the kids understand that good personality is required in contemporary times.
Letting a child opt for fashionable dresses will make him or her display their individuality. Parents can help and guide their children in picking a favorite piece of clothing from latest fashion so that they are happy on their part because the choice will put forward their identity.
This way the kid will be able to come up with their own dressing sense.
• Developing their own style statement
Parent’s liberty, freedom and guidance in choosing the latest fashion boost the confidence of a child. Besides, it will also help the kids to create his or her style statement that will help them in the future.
Taking an active roll in your parents’ lives as they age offers incredible rewards. But you need to know from the outside, it’s expensive in terms of your life. It’s not inappropriate for most parents didn’t scrimp on time or energy or even money when it came to raising you. This is the best of giving back.
But it’s a long and arduous journey. If you know that from the outside then you can plan for it in your life. Not assessing the realities can leave room for resentment to grow. You know what, it’s not their fault their getting old! It’s also a great modeling technique. Remember that your children are watching. How you care for your parents and include your children in that caring might have a huge impact on your life down the road. There’s nothing I’ve seen so far that says there are medical or financial solutions to the problems of old age.
So what are the most common problems? And what can you do so as not to lose yourself along the journey?
- Time: It takes more time than you can imagine to work with your parents. Partially that’s true because your parents don’t process as quickly as they once did. If you’re going to go on this journey with them, you’re going to have to go at their speed. It doesn’t help to push them, or manipulate them, you’re just going to have to slow down. Know before you go into this that it’s a long journey and it’s going to become one the most important components of your life. Make space in your life for the important work you’re going to do. Plan vacations from the caretaking, even if you don’t leave town. You’re going to need some time off. You’re entitled and it keeps you human. Because when you’re with them, you’re going to want to stop and smell the flowers; you’re going to want to gather them to you when life is heartbreaking. It just takes time.
- Energy: It’s not easy dealing with the aging. It’s really difficult dealing with the systems that are put in place to help them. Bureaucracy is always difficult. If they’re living in retirement centers or nursing homes, there are many people there with problems. And you’ll find yourself making connections to people who aren’t your own. These will sustain you, but they’ll also tug at your heart. Find healthy ways to unwind. It’s better to plan for them with things like yoga, massage, exercise, and dates with your sweetie. Prayer (yours and others!) can be a great support. Otherwise, you may find yourself doing unhealthy things to comfort you, such as overeating and mindless computer addictions. You’ve got to stay at the center of your decision to care for your parents. (and you’ve got to give yourself a break about the times you goof up!)
- Focus: It’s surprising how much focus caring for your aging parents demands. Dealing with the big problems, such as health and housing; the ongoing challenges, such as safety and mobility; and planning for the small delights demands a lot. You may have been a brilliant multi-tasker at the beginning of this journey. But the demands of caring for your parents narrow your world and your focus. Even if you’re a SuperHero/Heroine, this won’t necessarily leave you a lot space for creativity. And that’s ok. Give yourself a break! Do what needs to be done and be realistic about the demands you’re facing and about the need to stay open because the challenges will continue to change. If you don’t write a book or clean your house as regularly during this period, you’re doing something so much more important.
- Money: It doesn’t always cost money to care for your parents; particularly if they have adequate funds for their retirement. But not everyone does and that’s only going to get worse. There will be little things and they can add up. But you want to know that it could be costly. So be aware. It’s not a bad idea to make and stick to a budget during this time. Structure in any place in your life will support you in all places of your life.
- Friends: You might want to talk with your friends. You’re going to be busy in the time to come. And you may only have this to talk about. Many of your friends will be going through the same thing, so they’re going to understand. But some will not. You will have less energy than you’ve had to attend to friendships at a time you’re going to need a lot of support. While love is ever expanding, your energy is all too human. Get in a support group. Find a place where and people with whom you can consistently talk about your experiences. That will take some pressure off your friends. Share with those people who can support you. And then when you do take some time to be with friends, make plans to do something fun that takes your mind off your responsibilities.
There’s so much that you will gain from this. But it’s important to know that it’s difficult. But then, anything you do that’s rewarding is difficult. I’ve never met a soul who regretted the time they spent caring for their elderly parents. But I’ve heard many say that they wish they’d had a better idea what they were signing up for. It’s a long and wonderful journey… and it’s your last chance to share your life with your parents. Don’t miss it!
When the health of an elderly parent starts to decline, typically one sibling who steps in to become the primary caregiver. The demands start out small. Care is easy at first. But as care demands more time and money, stress builds and so can resentment toward non-contributing family members.
Old rivalries and jealousies raise their head and get in the way. The fights are typically over money and time, the two elements contributing the most to caregiver stress. So what do you do? If you want help caring for an elderly parent, you need to convince your brothers and sisters of it or find that help outside the family. With that as a background here are 10 tips to dealing with unhelpful siblings:
1. Accept that there is no such thing as “fairness” when it comes to family care giving. Someone in the family always shoulders a disproportionate amount of the load. Life is like that. Should it be that way? No. But wishing for something different only makes matters worse.
2. Open up the lines of communication with every family member, even those you don’t always get along with. Let them decide how much they want to be involved.
3. Have a family meeting to get everyone’s view point on elder care needs. What you are seeing may not be what others see. What you think is critical may not be and visa versus. Having other viewpoints can be helpful.
4. Do it now. Waiting only makes matters worse. Don’t assume someone else in the family will take charge.
5. Put aside your “shoulds” and focus on the taking care of your elderly parents. It simply doesn’t matter what you believe your siblings should do. What does matter is getting the help your aging parent needs, whether it’s from your siblings or outside the family. The plain, simple truth is you can’t change someone else. Only they can do that. Obsessing about it and “shoulding” on them only makes your life more stressful. None of this is about you anyway. It is about managing the care of an aging parent.
6. List all of the support your parent may need. Be specific: fixing meals, bathing, managing the checkbook, grocery shopping, taking dad to the doctors appointments, calls to advisors, picking up medications, checking out caregivers or living facilities, etc.. When you need help be exact: “I have a doctors appointment next Friday and need someone to sit with mom. Could you drop by no later than 9 am for about 2 hours.”
7. Identify and contact help available in the community. You’ll need it. Expect to roll up your shirt sleeves, too. It may take a lot of phone calls to find the resources you need. Start with your local Agency on Aging and the senior ministry at your place of worship. If you live in a large city, dial 2-1-1. If you work for a larger corporation, ask your human relations department what elder care resources they offer.
8. Accept whatever help each sibling is able and willing to provide. No one knows how another person thinks or feels or what’s going on in their life. One of my clients could not understand why her oldest sister would offer to help, but frequently welched on the promise. Later she learned her sister had enormous health problems of her own but didn’t want to burden the rest of the family with it.
9. Your attitude makes all the difference. Sure, it’s hard not to be mad when no one else helps. You only hurt yourself, though. Stress is not so much what’s happening to you as it is how you respond to it. Focus attention on the positives. Be thankful for those who help if and when they do. Beyond that pay no attention to those who under-serve.
10. Use outside sources to defuse persistent emotional land mines. Consider turning to a professional elder care mediator. The specialty is relatively new. but growing. They offer a respectful solution to family conflicts over the care of an aging parent. They offer a pathway to peace and family healing.
The bottom line here is to focus only on what you can accomplish for your mom or dad. Resenting siblings for not chipping in makes you feel worse and accomplishes nothing. If it is not in your sister’s heart to help, you can’t put it there. Accept the help you get. Do what you know you can do and find outside help for the rest.
When our family members are well, we usually do not think about what may happen in the future. As baby boomers age, they will become the largest group of elderly that our nation has ever had. And, their parents are aging as well. As a result of these two realities most families will be caring for aging loved ones.
The Challenge – Family members do not anticipate and prepare for being caregivers. We’re too busy with jobs, children and other responsibilities. Our parents seem to have an ageless quality about them. We live with a certain sense of denial about the aging of our loved ones and what their needs might be.
The Solution – Begin anticipating future needs and prepare for the possibility of family caregiving.
Every family will address their reaction to and the possible transition to family elder care in their own way. Preparing and planning for care of an elderly loved one helps families avoid having to make hasty decisions in a crisis situation. The more prepared the better. Planning provides choices.
1. Explore your family history regarding elder care, and elicit how each member of the family feels about caring for an elderly family member.
2. Recognize the realities of the current situation for example, pre-existing medical conditions and diagnosis.
o educate yourself and your family about your loved one’s condition and care needs.
o gather information that can be used for current and future elder care planning.
3. Include elders in the planning:
o they can help guide the planning, they may have already given a lot of thought or made provisions for many of the areas that need planning
o they can be involved in making the decisions for their future which helps take the guesswork out of planning.
How your family views elder care is based on family history, culture and religious upbringing. Each family member has his/her own values and beliefs about caring for aging parents.
Start the preparing now. What are your family history, culture and religious beliefs regarding taking care of aging parents? What is each family member’s feeling and level of commitment about caring for aging parents? What are the current care needs and realities of elder care in your family? Begin the conversation with your family members and parents. Start preparing for the future now.
It was Easter Sunday, when I got “the call.” I really wasn’t sure when I would get it, or who would actually call me-a neighbor, friend, doctor, or hospital. But, the voice on the other end of the phone was my 75 year-old Dad. I really hadn’t expected him to be the one to call. It was nine o’clock at night, and he sounded scared. He said, “Kim, I have some bad news. I think I have Dementia.” He went on to tell me that he had gone to watch the local baseball team play, and got lost driving to the stadium. He had been a Pelican’s Baseball season ticket holder for nine years, so he knew how to get to the stadium.
I had been calling my father faithfully every Sunday and sometimes as much as three times a week. I visited him at least twice every year. He lived seven hours away from me, and I had not noticed any signs of Dementia before. I had just visited him two months before this call. Why didn’t I see any signs? What was I supposed to do? He was only 75 years old. He was young, and I wasn’t ready for this.
Five years before my Dad’s call, he had decided to get his information together to make things easy for me when the time came. He gave me a sheet of paper with all his bank accounts and numbers, and the location of his safety deposit box and key. He even introduced me to his attorney and financial planner. That way they would know who I was when I needed them. I was so thankful that he was so proactive in providing the information. I filed away the information and we never discussed it further. That was our plan. No health information. There was a trust, but he never put the properties and financial assets into the trust’s name. Did he have insurance?
Now, five years later, I am on the phone with my Dad, and I am completely clueless about what to do for him. I got in my car the next day and drove down to his house. He didn’t know who I was, but he let me into his living room. It was 11pm by the time I got there. He was talking erratically and making a microwave dinner. I asked where his dog was, but he didn’t know. I asked if he had fed her, but he wasn’t sure. I asked where the dog’s food was-thinking that if I found the dog, it might be a good idea to feed her. He couldn’t find the food.
I decided that it might be a good idea for him to call it a night and go upstairs to sleep. I would clean up the kitchen and check on him in the morning. He started up the stairs and his eyes closed. I ran over just in time to catch his slumped over body and lay him on the floor. I called the ambulance to get him to a hospital. The drivers arrived and started asking questions:
What medications is he currently on? Me: Not sure
Where does he keep them? Me: Don’t know
Which hospital does he want to go to? Me: There’s more than one?
What allergies does he have? Me: No idea
Well, you get the picture. I could not have been less prepared. I felt like I didn’t even know my own father, and it got worse from there. When we got to the hospital, they decided to take him for an MRI. There were more questions that were asked that made me feel even more incompetent. Did he have tattoos, metal screws in his body, metal plates in his head… I was pretty sure he didn’t have any of those things, but considering he played baseball and other sports in school all the way through college, anything could have been possible.
What I went through that night was just the beginning of a long journey of research, doctor’s appointments, nursing home and assisted living visits, pulling my hair out and losing my sanity at times. I even became a certified caregiver through the American Caregivers Association. I had no idea how unprepared we were! It isn’t difficult to put a plan in place.
I would not want anyone to feel as helpless and overwhelmed as I did. That’s why I started Parent Care Coaching. I wanted to put my Life Coaching career and “parent caring” experience and knowledge to use helping others who have aging parents. We want to provide the best for them, but it isn’t easy when you aren’t sure where to start or don’t know what options are available. Planning is key.
And yes, in case you were wondering, I found Millie, the dog, brought her inside and fed her.